Frost Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DFB's XY OU Team

Go down

DFB's XY OU Team Empty DFB's XY OU Team

Post by DFB3636 Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:32 am

DFB'S XY OU TEAM - Post Suspect Test

DFB's XY OU Team CarbinkDFB's XY OU Team Rotom-washDFB's XY OU Team AegislashDFB's XY OU Team VolcaronaDFB's XY OU Team LatiasDFB's XY OU Team Pinsir-mega

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DFB's XY OU Team Carbink

Carbink:

Carbink is my bulky SR setter, screen user, and Toxic user. With its high base Defenses, it can come in on a lot of Special Attackers and set up Rocks or Screens or Toxic something. Screens help out this team a lot with the Attackers being relatively frail. Stealth Rock is there because it's still a great hazard, and Toxic is there because I feel I need a Toxic user for this team.

DFB's XY OU Team Rotom-wash

Rotom-Wash:

Rotom-Wash is my Scarfer, but he can Trick it away to disrupt an opponent's Poke like Mandibuzz. Volt Switch and Hydro Pump are pretty much standard for momentum and coverage, respectively. Trick, as mentioned earlier, can Trick away the Scarf to an opposing Poke that doesn't like holding one. Will-O-Wisp is there for - after the Scarf is Tricked away - crippling an opposing Physical Sweeper.

DFB's XY OU Team Aegislash

Aegislash:

This is a variety of Mixed Aegislash. I'm running 252 in each Attacking stat, with 4 Speed EVs to outspeed opposing Aegislash. Shadow Ball is a power-STAB attack when Sacred Sword won't be effective and Sneak won't do enough. Sneak is pretty standard for powerful STAB priority. Sacred Sword is for coverage of things like Blissey. King's Shield is, like Sneak, pretty standard for reverting back to Shield Forme and for protection. The stat drop is nice too.

DFB's XY OU Team Volcarona

Volcarona:

Volcarona is here because it has never failed me. If this thing gets a few QDs up, it can easily sweep teams that don't have a counter like Heatran. Bug Buzz is great for STAB along with Fiery Dance, which I'm using over Fire Blast/Flamethrower for it's accuracy/stat boost, respectively. Giga Drain provides necessary coverage of Water and Ground types. Quiver Dance is used lastly because it's so good, and Volcarona benefits from it so much.

DFB's XY OU Team Latias

Latias:

Latias is my Defog supporter, as both Volcarona and Pinsir (after it has Mega Evolved) are 4x weak to Stealth Rock, so Defog/Spin support is pretty much necessary. Dragon Pulse hits hard on things that don't resist it, and Psyshock provides more STAB and coverage. Defog was explained, and Recover is there because Latias needs to stay alive.

DFB's XY OU Team Pinsir-mega

Pinsir:

I used to use Mega Lucario until Lucarionite got banned, but Mega Pinsir is just as devastating. Aerilate is an amazing ability, giving M-Pinsir STAB priority in Quick Attack. Return is for more power without the recoil or lock of Double-Edge and Thrash. Earthquake or Close Combat were debatable for the third slot, but I ended up choosing Equake for its coverage. Swords Dance, if predicted correctly, can allow M-Pinsir's Attack to skyrocket, which is dangerous with STAB Quick Attack. Hyper Cutter is used in case of Intimidate before Mega Evolution.

Note: Things that don't need the Attack stat have decreased Attack IVs because of Mandibuzz's Foul Play.
DFB3636
DFB3636

https://www.youtube.com/user/DFB3636Yugioh

Back to top Go down