Frost Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DFB's Sun Team (OU)

3 posters

Go down

DFB's Sun Team (OU) Empty DFB's Sun Team (OU)

Post by DFB3636 Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 am

DFB's Sun Team

DFB's Sun Team (OU) NinetalesDFB's Sun Team (OU) FerrothornDFB's Sun Team (OU) VenusaurDFB's Sun Team (OU) VolcaronaDFB's Sun Team (OU) HeatranDFB's Sun Team (OU) Latias

This team is by far my favorite to use. Sun is the underrated weather with Rain/Sand teams everywhere, but I designed this team to be able to handle them.

Ninetales:

Ninetales is the sun-bringer. Flamethrower is more reliable than Fire Blast, and is powerful enough with STAB and sun. SolarBeam is mainly for coverage, plus the sheer power of a 120 BP attack. Protect is for emergencies. Lastly, Toxic is there for crippling plus I prefer it to Will-O-Wisp with its 75% accuracy (er, I guess it's 85 now).

Ferrothorn:

Ferrothorn on a sun team may seem strange, but it's SO useful. Power Whip takes down Politoed and other threats to the team. Leech Seed is magical for stealing health from sweepers and bulky Pokemon. Spikes is here as opposed to SR because I can set up multiple layers, plus SR is on Heatran later. Lastly, Thunder Wave is for the crippling of things.

Venusaur:

Venusaur is my Chlorophyll sweeper. It's insanely fast in the sun and it's speed isn't bad to begin with. SolarBeam is just amazing with STAB and 120 BP. Earthquake is there for coverage of Fire-types mainly. HP Fire is also for coverage of Ferrothorn, etc. Plus the sun boosts fire moves. Lastly, Sleep Powder misses quite often, but it's just so good.

Volcarona:

Volcarona is simply a boss. Bug Buzz is STAB and coverage of Psychic-types plus it kills Tyrannitar, a huge threat to the team. Fiery Dance is there as opposed to Flamethrower/Heat Wave/Fire Blast for the potential SpA boost and it's already strong enough with sun and STAB. Giga Drain covers Water-types and is a recover method. Lastly, Quiver Dance is so good with that special boost and speed boost.

Heatran:

Heatran is another sweeper, but it's the bulky sort rather than speedy like the other Pokemon on this team. Lava Plume seems to burn a lot even though it only has a 30% chance of doing so. Earth Power is for coverage. HP Ice is, again, for coverage. Stealth Rock is good, but I find that I don't set it up, due to Heatran being taken down too fast.

Latias:

Latias always saves me late game, especially when facing a Sand/Rain team. Dragon Pulse is for STAB and Latias's 110 base SpA makes it pretty powerful. HP Fire is boosted by sun and takes down Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc. Thunderbolt is for coverage of Water-types mainly. Lastly, Calm Mind is amazing, because even just one CM makes Latias an amazing sweeper.
DFB3636
DFB3636

https://www.youtube.com/user/DFB3636Yugioh

Back to top Go down

DFB's Sun Team (OU) Empty Re: DFB's Sun Team (OU)

Post by DFB3636 Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Was thinking of taking Heatran out for Donphan with this set:

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard/Fire Fang
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Just so I can have a spinner plus a more reliable SR user.
DFB3636
DFB3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtwigg Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:29 pm

is donphan your physical sweeper?Your lacking a physical sweeper if not.
Turtwigg
Turtwigg

Back to top Go down

Post by DFB3636 Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 am

Turtwigg wrote:is donphan your physical sweeper?Your lacking a physical sweeper if not.
Spinner =/= Physical Sweeper
DFB3636
DFB3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtwigg Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:57 am

you might need a physical sweeper
Turtwigg
Turtwigg

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Bond Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:18 am

No, volcarona does not take down Tyranitar with bug buzz.
252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar: 306-360 (79.27 - 93.26%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mixtar becomes even a bigger threat as it scores an OHKO on ninetales (sandstorm kills it) superpower to heatran, fire blast to ferro thorn and venusaur, ice beam for donphan and crunch for latios, easily taking down more than half of your team
007 Bond
007 Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by DFB3636 Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:08 pm

I never said Bug Buzz OHKO'd Tyranitar? Also, it's not that hard for me to kill Ttar. The speed stat exists, and most of my Pokemon are faster. I've killed plenty of Ttars with Latias. You mentioned Mixtar's coverage, but it doesn't contain coverage for Volcarona. You know, the Pokemon that's meant to kill Ttar? I guess Stone Edge exists too, but then one of those other coverage moves are gone.
DFB3636
DFB3636

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Bond Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:36 am

Overall a good team, only MixTar and Common Rain teams counters you. (Obv Counter)

Btw use Keldeo or Terrakion for this team, it shall be really good. (Keldeo is better choice)
007 Bond
007 Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by DFB3636 Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:16 pm

I'm not sure about Keldeo on a Sun Team...
I could give Terrakion a try in place of Heatran/Donphan for a bit though.
DFB3636
DFB3636

Back to top Go down

Post by 007 Bond Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:50 am

Keldeo is your back up guy (incase of water)
007 Bond
007 Bond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down