Frost Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament Polling Ideas

2 posters

Go down

Tournament Polling Ideas Empty Tournament Polling Ideas

Post by PileD Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Tired of repeated tiers showing up over and over again? Well here's two ways to avoid that as a community.

Plan 1: Begin the first poll with each tier listed. As each tier is chosen and and made into a tournament, it will be removed from the next list of tiers the tour should be. The tiers picked for tours will not be listed on a poll to be picked again until the option "other(s)", which will appear after the first tour is made on that day. Once the option "other(s)" has been picked, all the previous tiers chosen before will be put back on the list of poll options.

Example: The first poll of the day is up and majority choose OU tier. OU tour is made and while it is starting, the second poll is put up. OU tier will not show up on that poll or any of the future polls again until majority picks the option "other(s)". When other(s) is picked, OU and any other tiers that were picked beforehand and made into tournaments will be added back to the tier list to be voted for i the next poll.

Plan 2: Simpler idea is to make a poll with all tiers listed and when a tier is chosen for a tour, that tier won't appear in the next three polls. This will allow less popular tiers to appear more often by eliminating the common ones from majority of the polls.

Example: The first poll has a majority votes for OU. The next three polls won't have OU as an option.

These are just two of my ideas on solving the issue of repeating tiers being chosen in poll. If you have any ideas of your own, please comment and let your ideas be heard. If there are any questions or suggestion on these two ideas, comment below and let me know ad comment if you like one of the two ideas as well. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by PileD on Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)

PileD

Back to top Go down

Tournament Polling Ideas Empty Re: Tournament Polling Ideas

Post by Cosy Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 pm

I like the idea but it isn't something we could or would need to add. Staff could follow this when hosting tournaments and just try to follow along with results and when making polls edit them.

I assume you mean make it automatic but because of the above I don't think it is worthwhile. Although I think more people doing this would be much better.
Cosy
Cosy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PileD Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 am

I probably should of mentioned this but i actually don't want this to be automated. If all the admins, leaders, mods, and voices come to together to accept an idea on tournament polling here, we could manually make this work together and lessen the common complaints of people wanting more tiers to be chosen besides the standard ou, ou monotype, and 1v1.

PileD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down