Frost Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[TIER] Tag Battles

3 posters

Go down

[TIER] Tag Battles Empty [TIER] Tag Battles

Post by Kellin Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:54 am

This'll be a short post because most already know what a tag battle is. For those of you who don't, a tag battle is a double battle, but you team up with another trainer. So it's 2v2. If anyone wants to see an example, click here. Tag battles are classic and have been used in the anime and game playthroughs countless times. Also, I think it would be a fun metagame and display of teamwork, adding a whole new dyhnamic to the battle.
Questions? Concerns? Comments? Let me know!
Kellin
Kellin

http://absolal.webs.com

Back to top Go down

[TIER] Tag Battles Empty Re: [TIER] Tag Battles

Post by Family Man TPSN Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:28 am

I do like the idea, and it's something I've always thought would sound cool. Some issues may make it a bit impractical, though. For example, there's not much strategy or synergy you can set up in a tag battle that can't just be done in singles. Further, the issue of setting a battle up may be rather complicated, as it would require twice as many people to get things all set up. Don't get me wrong I quite like the idea, but it seems to have a few too many problems to be easy or practical, and I have a feeling it would be underplayed anyway.
Family Man TPSN
Family Man TPSN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellin Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:56 am

Family Man TPSN wrote:I do like the idea, and it's something I've always thought would sound cool. Some issues may make it a bit impractical, though. For example, there's not much strategy or synergy you can set up in a tag battle that can't just be done in singles. Further, the issue of setting a battle up may be rather complicated, as it would require twice as many people to get things all set up. Don't get me wrong I quite like the idea, but it seems to have a few too many problems to be easy or practical, and I have a feeling it would be underplayed anyway.
I don't think it would be too difficult to set up. Just get 3 other people, really. And the two people as a team decide on a strategy with the 6 combined Pokemon they bring together. I'm just more for the collaboration part of it. And despite, it being underplayed, it'd still be a blast Very Happy Thanks for your input!
Kellin
Kellin

http://absolal.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by piiiikachuuu Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:28 pm

i think we've gone over this before; tag battles would require a re-writing of the battle engine, and thus not really plausible
piiiikachuuu
piiiikachuuu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down